Community Ideas

Come here to ask questions and chat about game features.

Re: Community Ideas

Postby Chillz » Mon May 30, 2016 2:26 am

I hope duel wielding will be limited. If you can just fuel weild m249's from the start that'll be ridiculous. Limiting duel welding to small weapons (pistols, smg's) would give players a good reason to continue using some weapons that normally would be outclassed later.
Chillz
Grunt

Agency: Zombie legion

Postby Variant » Mon May 30, 2016 3:18 am

ColonelPKA wrote:
Chillz wrote:So I found out my first to suggestions in the previous comment are already confirmed.

Anyway, new suggestion:

Once your arena character is at a near max level a special single player mission is unlocked where Hank and Crew fight your arena character and his AI squad

It would actually be pretty good. I would imagine clones of him fight you, but what do I know.

Aren't you on Hank's side in this? Nexus Units are enemies, and your Arena character isn't part of the Nexus Training Program (Unlike PN1.)
#ShabtakGenocide2263

#GloryToTheCollective

LeAssassin wrote:There better not be Sanford and Deimos humping eachother ANYWHERE in that fanfiction...

Variant
Agent

Agency: Project Nexus

Postby Chillz » Tue May 31, 2016 11:07 pm

So do the devs still read this page or am I just giving myself a handy? Either way I'll continue.
Chillz
Grunt

Agency: Zombie legion

Postby Gangrene » Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:23 pm

Nitrotech wrote:idk, I don't think they would have Karma.. and your squadmates no.. and they will eventually have to listen

Maybe their karmic choices are affected by your karmic choices, and the longer they've been following you, the more likely they'll take the same route in a choice?
Gangrene
Fodder

Agency: Freelance

Postby TirishAnau » Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:25 pm

Ok now you got me thinking of the religious karma and Dharma.... Let's apply that to the game. Dharma: for those who don't know what it is it's you're duty the things you should do within society If you don't follow it you have bad Dharma. Bad or good Dharma leads to bad or good Karma so say you spare a grunt earlier in the campaign perhaps later in the game you can have that same grunt (who perhaps leaves the agency after seeing your good deeds and decides to rise up against them) you could then have that NPC as a squad mate and unlock him in arena mode. If you kill him perhaps is makes the opposition stronger. Just some thought streaming? Anybody like this idea?
TirishAnau
Backers

Postby GameZone » Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:47 pm

TirishAnau wrote:Ok now you got me thinking of the religious karma and Dharma.... Let's apply that to the game. Dharma: for those who don't know what it is it's you're duty the things you should do within society If you don't follow it you have bad Dharma. Bad or good Dharma leads to bad or good Karma so say you spare a grunt earlier in the campaign perhaps later in the game you can have that same grunt (who perhaps leaves the agency after seeing your good deeds and decides to rise up against them) you could then have that NPC as a squad mate and unlock him in arena mode. If you kill him perhaps is makes the opposition stronger. Just some thought streaming? Anybody like this idea?

... sooo basically bad dharma leads to bad karma and good dharma leads to good karma?

what would be the difference
GameZone
Savior

Agency: Mercenary

Postby Kosenga » Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:00 pm

Hey guys, been bashing through the alpha for a while now, and I had a few ideas to throw so ...
This is more gameplay than content related.
So what about

- ability to throw an enemy on his allies ?
- ability to take hostage ? ( as a protection )
- ability to slide without picking up a gun ?
- ability to grapple/combo multible enemies ? ( see beat em all games like the matrix path of neo )
- combat system should allow more reactivity, some moves get you standing unprotected for ages (eg : double sword hit + kick animation)
- shorter finishers maybe ? for that same reason, some are way too long.
- blocking when wielding gun + blade requires the previous animation to end before you press block. It's not the case with melee only ... Maybe done on purpose but I'm pointing it out anyway
- pulling out a melee weapon from a living enemy doesn't make no special animation ... sad !
- ability to restat / remove abilities ? ( I just really love that john woo style diving, my bad )
Kosenga
Backers

Postby MrClumsy » Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:21 pm

Now, if this is a thing it'd be completely cosmetic, but believe me A LOT of people would like it. Let me introduce the problem so you can get my suggestion easily.

You got your character already in mind and have created an outfit? Cool! You begin clothing it, saving hard for that internet money and restarting your game constantly so he sells the clothes you want, and it's finally done. You go to the field, and as soon as you enter a low caliber bullet shot from a Grunt goes straight into your eye socket and you cry as your arena character dies. Reason? The cool-looking outfit, despite being dank, had insanely shitty stats that would make it suicide to use on higher difficulties. You might answer to this problem before I even fully tell you what it is with a "Duh just buy hevy armor ecksdee", but let's face it. It's a common thing in videogames for the 'best' items to have designs that some people love, but others hate. After all, it's all fashion opinion.

Now, the clothes/outfit YOU LIKE have bad stats, and the actually good stuff is uglier than a zed hotdog. My proposed solution? A 'social' expansion to the inventory. What do I mean with this? Make it that for each clothing type, there's 2 slots. The 'equip' slot, and the 'social' slot. So for example, you can have a 'Equipped' G03LM helmet, but a construction hard hat as your 'social' one. The result? You will only be affected by the stats of the G03LM helmet, but your character will look like he's wearing a hard hat. Brilliant! Now you could finally put some actually good gear on, but have it look like you're using a set of ragged bandit clothes that will look nice.

However, it still requires you to own both items though, and is optional. Items equipped in the social slot WILL NOT AFFECT GAMEPLAY. If your social item offers 5 protection, and the equipped one you have offers 6, you won't get 11. If the social slot is empty, it'll show your equipped item
Now you can finally get creative and use cool looking thin clothes without having to fear a storm of bullets ruining your $10000 suit! Woo.

TL;DR: Two item slots for each clothing category, Equip and Social. Equip is the one you're actually wearing and its stats effect you. Social will be a PURELY COSMETIC item that will be visible one over the 'Equip' one. Any item can go in either slot, and having no Social hat shows your Equipped one.

(Based on a true story in Madness: Project Nexus. Why make Hank's mask cost $3000 if it offers the same protection as just exposing your soft, baby skin?)
MrClumsy
Grunt

Agency: A.A.H.W.-AD

Postby Presteign » Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:37 am

I like that idea, but maybe there's another way to implement a system like that.

For example Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 has a mechanic that allows you to create an item from clothing and other items that you have and have that item provide the stats rather than the clothing, which leaves you to decide your characters' cosmetics unhampered by the core gameplay.

Then again, Krinkels and Swain have said that co-op and multiplayer aren't out of question and I imagine not being able to tell how well armoured someone is because their armour stat is being given by something that is hidden from you being a problem.
Presteign
Backers

Postby Variant » Mon May 01, 2017 11:11 am

This is a bit old but I'll weigh in: For Honor has a system where you can change the appearance of gear to another piece of gear of similar rarity for a small price. If you have a legendary piece of armor you can change its appearance to that of another legendary piece, for example. Not very creative but it's a good way to incorporate crafting.

Presteign wrote:Then again, Krinkels and Swain have said that co-op and multiplayer aren't out of question and I imagine not being able to tell how well armoured someone is because their armour stat is being given by something that is hidden from you being a problem.

With this said we have no idea how PN2 MP will play. If PN2's gameplay isn't terribly fast paced, you might have enough time to realize "Oh shit he's actually armored" and disengage.
#ShabtakGenocide2263

#GloryToTheCollective

LeAssassin wrote:There better not be Sanford and Deimos humping eachother ANYWHERE in that fanfiction...

Variant
Agent

Agency: Project Nexus

PreviousNext

Return to Discussion