S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Discussion of other games and the world of PC/Mac, consoles, handhelds, or tabletop.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Postby Luke DuFaur » Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:01 pm

Got the whole series on my birthday last month, totally worth it. I'm not a fan of scary games, but this series has been a good gateway for me into the genre. I absolutely love the games. All of them are great. Clear Sky is my favourite, faction wars and locations are very cool, I love the upgrades too. I rank the games 1. Clear Sky for gameplay, 2. Shadow of Chernobyl for atmosphere, and my least favourite is Call of Pripyat but it is still good. Call of Chernobyl mod is the definitive S.T.A.L.K.E.R. experience in my opinion, combines map and atmosphere of SOC, the gameplay, polish, and graphics of COP, and some bits here and there from CS along with choosing your faction and other goodies. I've just started playing Lost Alpha too, and it seems very cool, a very different, much more survival-ey experience from the original.

My favourite S.T.A.L.K.E.R. moments and best fails:

Getting all the way to the Military Checkpoint on SOC and then dying, while forgetting to save the entire time.
Quicksaving in an anomaly field in CS and getting stuck in an infinite death loop while only using quicksaves for the entire game.
Finding a guy playing the national anthem of the USSR on whatever the fuck that kind of rectangular thing that you press to your mouth and blow on is called.
Going into Garbage in CS in the middle of the night, getting ganked 5 times by a horde of 20 bandits, then falling off my chair because a snork jumped out of the black at me.
Hearing about 4 bandits say A NU CHEEKI BREEKI I V DAMKE all at the same time.
Using a spawn menu to watch 5 pseudogiants wreak havoc in Rostok.
God save our gracious Queen,
Long live our noble Queen,
God save the Queen!
Send her victorious,
Happy and glorious,
Long to reign over us,
God save the Queen!

(Sadly there isn't enough space to put my entire National Anthem)
Luke DuFaur
Backers

Agency: A.A.H.W (Adv. Engineer)

Return to Gaming